OCTAPLAS INDUSTRIAL SERVICES, INC., (OISI) is doing manufacturing, packaging, and tolling business. The OISI management staff services the manufacturing requirements of various industries from production to tolling of plastic crate, flooring, tray and other products for commercial and industrial uses. In addition, OISI is also doing recycling of plastic scraps from consumer groups and industrial companies for reused and recycling
- The OISI management has participated in environmental programs, promoting educational awareness on plastic recycling by actively distributing flyers and conducting teach-in at schools and villages.
- On multi-partite level, OISI staffs have worked with the (i) Department of Science and Technology (DOST); Industrial Technology Development Institute (ITDI) and (ii) PET manufacturers and users under the “PET Recycling Task Force” (“Misyon PET”) on recycling of PET plastics and reduction of plastic waste and was given international recognition by the World Bank Group (Environmental Monitor 2001) for its successful campaign on environmental awareness. The project became an instrument bringing environmental awareness to the public; and provided source of income to consumers as a whole.
- OISI management was one of the 11-member delegate to represent the Philippines in a US study tour sponsored by the “United States – Asia Environment Partnership (USAEP) Exchange Program”. The USAEP is an exchange program of RP and US associations that aims (i) to improve plastic recycling and its recovery system and (ii) to contribute in the management of solid waste through communication and technical assistance.
- OISI management also participated as: (i) resource person with the Senate of the Philippines in the forum on “Household and Barangay Solid Waste Management and Recycling”; and (ii) co-author with CCBPI regarding the recycling project called “Misyon PET” in the 5th Asia Pacific Round Table Regional Conference for Cleaner Production & Waste Management held on March 2004 at Putra World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- OISI secured GMP accreditation by Sociètè Gènèrale de Surveillance (SGS) for passing the audit on “Good Manufacturing Practice” (GMP) based on Codex Alimentarius Commission and the International Code of Practice – General Principles of Food Hygiene on June 2015.
- OISI was also issued the Halal certification from the Islamic Da’wah Council of the Philippines Inc., (IDCP Halal) on October 2015.